Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Latest Posts

Moise Kean’s brother slams ex-Juventus manager Maurizio Sarri for selling him to Everton

Moise Kean’s brother has lamented the decision to sell the forward to Everton in 2019 – claiming he feels “very bad” about his move to the Premier League side.

The Juventus forward, 22, joined the Toffees after then-Bianconeri manager Maurizio Sarri allowed him to make the £27.5million move to Goodison Park.

However, Kean has never adjusted to life in the Premier League and has had a long string of poor performances while often being accused of not trying hard enough.

He suffered the ultimate humiliation under Duncan Ferguson when he came on as a substitute against Manchester United at Old Trafford before being substituted again just 18 minutes later.

Speaking to Tuttosport (via Football Italia), Giovanni Kean said: “The last year was the most difficult of his career but it was a lesson for him. I was sure he would get through this because he has character and can prove himself when he feels safe.

“He’s worked on his weight and his head, he’s in the style of a monk. But he’s at 70% and still has plenty of room for improvement, also because he’s only 22 years old. In Paris, many phenomena thought he was a thing of the past, but he scored 17 goals in one season.

“For the past few months, he’s said to me on and off, ‘Enough, I’m going!’ but they were spontaneous outbreaks due to poor usage.

“He has never been about to leave and has no intention of doing so now or in the future.

“On the contrary, he’s been pushing to return to Juventus, it’s his home. (Massimiliano) Allegri was the first to recognize his progress.

“What a joy to see him score a brace at Lazio under the eyes of Sarri who didn’t want him. Kean felt very bad about being sold to Everton.

Kean’s struggles at Everton have coincided with the club’s alarming decline, despite being on loan for the vast majority of the last two seasons, making two appearances in the Premier League alone in 2020-21 and one the season after.

Having scored just four goals in 39 games, Everton supporters could be forgiven for not seeing Kean in the best light. His attitude and dedication have often been questioned

Just months into his Merseyside career, Kean was dropped from the squad for a trip to Southampton. Asked after the game why, Marco Silva simply replied: “A decision, a fair decision”. Turns out he broke the club’s rules.

Meanwhile, following Silva’s sacking, Ferguson took over the side before Carlo Ancelotti was appointed.

In one of his few games, he took charge of the team at Old Trafford. Kean had been introduced in the 71st minute but was then pulled back in the 89th before marching down the tunnel and past Ferguson.

When lockdown was introduced in March 2020, Everton remained incandescent after it was revealed they had thrown a party. Their divorce, it seems, was one of convenience.

After a difficult few years, Kean has started to get his career back on track in Turin. He has scored five goals in 18 games compared to just six in 42 last season.

Latest Posts

Don't Miss