Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Latest Posts

Frank Warren claims to have ‘sent contracts to Anthony Joshua’s team’ for Tyson Fury fight

Tyson Fury’s promoter Frank Warren says contracts for a prospective all-British world title fight have been sent to his rival Anthony Joshua.

Joshua appears to have accepted Fury’s initial offer of a 60-40 split of the purse in favor of the champion for the fight, which is expected to take place in the UK before the end of the year.

Warren wrote in his Daily Star column: “The contracts have been sent to Anthony Joshua’s team. They will have arrived on Friday morning.

“Now we’re waiting for them to go through and sign them so we can host one of British boxing’s biggest events.

“Since the Queen’s death, Tyson has been respectful and kept his advice while we work behind the scenes on the deal.

“The next step was to send over the contracts that we promised Joshua would arrive soon. I don’t think there will be any problems. We all want this fight to happen.’

Fury made the offer to Joshua in a social media video earlier this month after Oleksandr Usyk, who beat Joshua for a second time last month, hinted he won’t be fighting again this year.

Joshua’s management team, 258, responded in a statement that they accept all terms and look forward to future developments.

Some may argue that the two straight losses Joshua has endured make the fight a little less compelling than it has been at various points when it has been close in years past.

But Warren said: “The WBC title will be at stake, but it will be just as much about bragging rights between the two.

“We’ve wanted this to happen for years and we’ve been close before, but now seems like the time has come for it to finally happen.”

Latest Posts

Don't Miss