Monday, October 3, 2022

Latest Posts

Will The Bachelor go the way of Batgirl? Fears Channel 10 dating show is shutting down entirely

Rumors are circulating that Channel 10 has dropped The Bachelors from its 2022 program slate to make room for The Real Love Boat.

If the dating show is pushed back to next year, some viewers worry it could lead to a worrying scenario where the new season won’t air at all.

The series, which wrapped up filming on the Gold Coast, could meet a similar fate as the superhero film Batgirl, which was scrapped entirely after poor test screenings despite costing Warner Bros. Discovery $90 million.

Batgirl, directed by Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah, was scrapped after test audiences panned the film and forced Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav to cancel it as he’s trying to make the company $3 billion save up.

Filmmakers don’t have access to footage, and the studio can either permanently lock away the footage or even destroy it to prove to the IRS that it won’t benefit in the future, which would ensure its tax write-off.

Whether Channel 10, owned by American media giant Paramount Global, will make a similar decision on The Bachelors remains to be seen.

But a fan on a popular forum dedicated to the dating franchise said he wouldn’t be surprised if the new season never aired.

The network “might just write the whole thing off,” they speculated.

A TV insider said it would be a “big deal” for Channel 10 to cancel the season entirely and it would only happen if there was “insurance that could get the money back”.

Daily Mail Australia reached out to the network for comment last week but received no response.

It comes after Daily Mail Australia revealed Channel 10 has made the difficult decision to delay season 10 of The Bachelor until next year.

“Ten called to move the show to early 2023 so they can focus on promoting The Real Love Boat,” a well-placed source revealed.

“I don’t see them airing reality dating shows back-to-back, and there’s only 10 weeks of viewing left…they’d rather keep it and give it the publicity it needs.”

Both applicants and participants can now regain access to their social media accounts after being removed from the network.

Leading men Thomas Malucelli, Jed McIntosh and Felix Von Hofe have also been given permission to resume posting on social media with new guidelines.

Cast members must keep their accounts private and not accept new followers — including the girls from the show.

They were also reminded not to post spoilers and “be careful who you are in photos with”.

The source went on to say that some of the contestants vying for the hearts of Felix, Thomas and Jed are not happy about the show being pushed back to 2023.

“The show was filmed four months ago and the cast wasn’t able to return to social media until three months after the final air date,” they said.

“Some of them were hoping to be real influencers by now.”

Channel 10 is expected to make an announcement about the series at the network’s Upfronts presentation next month.

Latest Posts

Don't Miss