Aaron Carter was visited by police after he accused his on-off girlfriend Melanie Martin of stealing luxury goods from his home.
The 34-year-old rapper and singer was pictured at his home in Lancaster, Calif. Thursday night speaking to Los Angeles County Sheriffs as they reportedly responded to a report of an ongoing burglary.
His on-off girlfriend and mother of their 10-month-old son Prince was also seen leaving the home before speaking to police when she was seen being escorted off the property but not taken into custody.
Aaron took to his Instagram Story on Friday to explain the situation when he claimed Melanie took several of his luxury items, including a Rolex watch and a Louis Vuitton bag, which he had traveled with for over a decade.
He explained: “The police were called last night, Melanie had to return my watch. She ended up taking my Louis Vuitton bag, which I’ve been traveling with for 12 years.’
Aaron further claimed that Melanie also took her engagement ring, the Rolex watch he gave her and his $2,000 Dolce & Gabbana shoes and sold it all.
After a long pause, he said, “The cops made her give me back my Rolex watch and I told her she could keep my $20,000 fur coat that I bought in Utah.”
He then pointed his two middle fingers at the camera and raised his voice as he said: “So f*** you Melanie I deserve a better woman and I will find one.
“She told me last night when she was here, she said, ‘Well, I’m going to fuck a 90-day fiance.’ Hmm. Party at 2am. Why isn’t she with Prince like she should be?’
Earlier this week, Aaron denied he had recently relapsed into his sobriety after five years and was in outpatient rehab to regain custody of his 10-month-old son.
Despite claiming he’s still clean, the singer revealed in an interview with The US Sun that he recently started a month-long outpatient rehab program at Lionrock Recovery to combat his “triggers.”
In the wide-ranging conversation, the former star added that he has reunited with ex Melanie Martin, but the couple do not have custody of their son, who the court has ruled is being cared for by Martin’s mother.
“I haven’t had any relapses or anything like that, it’s just the triggers that are big for me at the moment [and] I want my son back,” Aaron said.
Carter is in treatment for the fifth time to address those triggers, mend his relationship, quit his marijuana habit and hopefully regain custody of son Prince.
Describing his past drug use, the singer-songwriter said he “has messed up his brain by snorting dust cans and suffering over 100 seizures.
“I have a medical marijuana license to grow up to 99 plants per year. But I threw away all that equipment, I sold everything, got rid of all my plants and my strains that I grew,” he explained. “And I wasn’t even told by DCFS that I had to do that [Department of Children and Family Services] or by the State of California.”
“They never took my guns, they never took my regulated drugs,” Carter added.
Carter announced that he works in his abstinence rehab program using a variety of modalities, group therapy, one-on-one counseling, parenting, and domestic violence classes.
“It’s new to be a parent but it’s been really fun and exciting and has given me a new chapter in my life. It was amazing,” he said.
Carter and Martin, who have been in an on-and-off relationship since 2020, lost custody of their 10-month-old child after a spate of domestic violence allegations.
In February, Carter filed for custody of his son and a protection petition against Martin at the Antelope Valley Courthouse in Los Angeles County.
Carter petitioned the court for full legal and physical custody of the couple’s son.
In a court filing, he accused his ex of “emotional distress, anxiety, shoving and scratching” and claimed she used the threat of suicide to “emotionally” abuse him.
The following month, Martin filed for a restraining order against Carter, claiming he punched her and fractured three ribs. Martin enclosed medical records showing at least one of her ribs was broken.